26 June 2009

His Music will Live On...

I have to acknowledge the passing of a great music legend and fellow Hoosier, Michael Jackson. I have been a big fan of his music since my parents bought his Thriller album (on cassette tape, of course) and we listened to it endlessly as kids. I recall watching a tv special about MJ that we taped on VHS over and over again. I remember creating an extensive dance performance of "Thriller" with my cousin Megan and performed it in the basement for our parents. I am still known to bust out a few Thriller moves at a party if I'm feeling bold. We watched Captain EO at Disney World when we were young. I dont dispute the guy's eccentricities, but his music and performances were amazing. I admittedly have a DVD of his music videos. Hello, "Moonwalker", anyone? And I had to post a pic of my Thriller vinyl.
Ahh, and my sister, Mia, has reminded me that while our house was being built (I was about 5 years old at the time) I fell backwards ten feet down into the hole that was to be the basement of the house--I was trying to show her how to moonwalk and wasnt paying attention! Luckily the power of the moonwalk saved me from serious injury.
I have been playing MJ's music for the girls all morning. The seemed amused, yet confused as they ate blueberries and watched Mama sing and dance to "Wanna Be Startin' Something".


RIP MJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention where your moon-walking skills "landed" you when we were kids...

Unknown said...

Ha! You're right--backwards into a ten foot hole!

Joellen said...

so sad!! i can't stop listening to MJ!! and so sorry to miss the party, the day before something came up and i was lame and forgot tell you in advance :( sorry!!! let's plan an ardmore visit soon!!