09 May 2011

May Day Party

This weekend we went to North Haven, CT for our friends' annual May Day party. It was a lovely weekend. Some of the photos I am posting are from Teri as she got some choice shots that I did not.

I took a couple of pictures on the ride up.

Nora was drooling.
Ella, of course, was huffing Night Night Man.
Nora got herself all ready to play outside.
Group shot from the weekend.
Andrew is in the back giving his friend, Jordan, a smooch.
(front: Josh, me, Teri, Jake. Middle: Heather, Susan, Sunday, Francis. Back: Jordan, Andrew, Paul). Everyone here is "book person" except me and Jake, Teri's brother. Oh, and the tortoise.





We brought the pirate tent. Here the girls play with Henry and Sophia, 1 1/2 year old twins!
Here are the other twins with their parents, Jackie and Tony.
When Russ the Tortoise arrived she was the big hit of the party.
Ella was immediately intrigued.

Jordan, Andrew, Heather, Teri: Indiana University library school comrades.


There was one point in the afternoon when four of the kids decided to go shirtless.

By the end of the day, Russ had enough and went to sleep in a corner.
Josh and Sunday were teaching Texas Hold Em Poker to Andrew and Francis.
Andrew did surprisingly well...
...and won!
I was there, but I really dont recall why they were dancing. Josh's face says it all.
Sunday had a good poker hand.
The next morning, Ella immediately went for the tortoise and watched her...closely!
Mother's Day pancakes breakfast. I was the only mother there. But everyone enjoyed the pancakes!

No comments: