22 February 2011

A Weekend in San Francisco

So a couple of times a year Andrew & I get a chance to spend time together without the girls. Book fairs are usually that time, so although Andrew is working, we get to have fun with our fellow "young" bookseller friends.

While Grandpa and Gigi watched the girls for the weekend, we got to hang out in the big city. On Saturday, Andrew was at the fair all day, so I got to walk all around with Sally Wingard (my mom's, cousin's wife--I think of her as my second cousin-in-law). I realized I had very few photos of the day, but probably because I also took my 35mm camera and took photos with that as well.

Here is a street shot during my walk:

That evening was our big dinner with fellow book friends. Someone came up with the brilliant idea of renting the "Disco Taxi" to take us to the restaurant. It's really just a regular taxi with flashing lights inside. That's it.
(I would add a disco ball and some party music, but hey that's just me)

Here is Sunday and me.
Janine and Susan
Here is our group (plus one guy who just got stuck sitting amongst us!) waiting to be seated at the Slanted Door
So at this fancy, schmancy restaurant they actually served cotton candy after dinner--on slate slabs, of course (here Katie, Kent, and Sunday partake)
The group photo
(front: Kent, Josh; middle: Sunday, me, Susan; back: Katie, Matt, Andrew, Alex, Francis, Teri)
and for those who are curious: Utah, NYC, NYC, PA, NYC, Utah, VT, PA, NYC, CT, CT
On our way out of town on Sunday, Andrew and I (with the girls) had a great dinner with many of my second cousins. In retrospect, I should have taken more than one photo that evening.

Debbie, Scott, David, Michael, Brian, Andrew, Suzanne, Sally
While Mama and Daddy were having fun in San Fran, the girls went to Train Town with Gigi and Grandpa. They still talk about seeing the trains and the water wheel...






And now we're back. And it snowed. Again. Ahh, until next year!

No comments: