08 March 2011

DIY Curtains

So after years of not having curtains, I spent several hours yesterday shopping, trying to finally find the right pair. I tend to be, um, "cheap" with things so I went for these nice blue curtains from Ikea. There was another pair I like a bit better--but they cost more. So I figured these would be fine enough. I liked the way they looked in the store, but was not so thrilled once I hung them up. As you can tell by the pillows, it was not the shade of blue I tend to go for--turquoise, teal, or robin's egg blue. No, these looked like they were made from denim shirts. Not terrible, but it wasnt the right shade. So I was either going to have to get new curtains, feel like I settled, or get all new bedroom decor...
On my way to work this morning I came with an idea--dye them! If I can find a shade that more closely matched what I was thinking, it would surely work!
And it did. It colorful. It's bold. But I am finally happy with it.
Now, if only Ikea would stop being out-of-stock of the rug I want in the room--then I'll be thrilled (and done shopping)!

No comments: